Regional Airline Association’s 2017 Scholarships Now Available
The submission deadline for 2017 RAA Scholarships is May 1, 2017.
If you’re studying for a career in aviation with Upper Limit Aviation and eyeing the Captain’s chair, you may be interested to know that the RAA’s (Regional Airline Association) 2017 scholarship window is open, and the RAA says that they will be awarding four $4,000 aviation scholarships this summer. The money you can earn with this scholarship can fuel your flight training with ULA and put you miles closer to your end goal of the Captain’s chair.
Qualification Details for the 2017 RAA Scholarships
In order to qualify for the scholarship, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident and submit a completed electronic application no later than May 1, 2017. The RAA says they will not be accepting mailed applications, and will only consider digital applications submitted through their website. Applicants will also need to meet the following requirements:
- At the time of application and award, applicants must be officially enrolled in an accredited college, in a program that is leading them toward a career in the airline industry.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA, and provide a transcript reflecting those grades through the previous academic year at either high school or a college.
- A resume that details the applicant’s working experience, extracurricular, and/or community activities will need to be provided.
- Applicants will need to submit a 350-word career essay describing their interest in the airline industry.
- Applicants will need to provide a faculty recommendation.
The RAA says that the scholarships will be awarded “without regard to sex, race, religion or national origin.” Instead, they say the following criteria will be used for ranking the scholarship applicants:
- Demonstrated scholastic achievement.
- Demonstrated work experience, extracurricular and/or community activities.
- The strength of the applicant’s faculty recommendation.
- The strength of the applicant’s 350-word career essay.
Recipients of the scholarships will be announced on July 14, 2017, and all recipients will be asked for a headshot and short bio so they can be featured in Regional Horizons, the group’s quarterly publication.
For more information, and to apply for the 2017 RAA scholarships, click here to visit their website.
Upper Limit Aviation is proud to offer any and all assistance possible to our student pilots to help them earn these scholarships and achieve their goals of flight and commercial flight.
Get started with your flight training today!
If you would like more information, you can:
- Call us at 801-596-7722